Keyword Research is the foundation of SEO.
Keyword research is an activity that aims to establish what people search to solve a given problem.
Keyword research is the internet equivalent of market research in the 21st century.
Keyword Research Process
- Use topics related to your business or industry as seed keywords.
- Use your product/service as seed keywords
- Expand and generate more related and thematic keywords
- Search for related keywords using “Google auto suggest”, “Searched related to” found at the bottom of Google’s search results. feature, Google Trends or paid keyword research tools
- Find Synonyms and LSI Keywords for keywords that you intend to target
- Validate Keywords
- Check the search volume, clicks, keyword difficulty, competition and keyword intent
- Prioritise keywords according to business goals
- Map priority keywords to sales funnel based on user intent
- Create content or map priority keywords to preferred landing pages