SEO benefits every business with a website.
If you sell a product or service, there are people actively searching for them. SEO helps your site connect with people looking for products/services you offer via search engines.
With an effective SEO strategy, you draw potential customers towards your business.
Certain industries benefit from SEO more than others. This makes SEO an integral and lucrative part of their marketing campaigns.
Below are the main industries that receive the highest return on investment (ROI) from SEO:
- Professional Services E.G. Accountants, Lawyers, Consultants, Financial Planners, Insurance Agents/Brokers, Engineers And More. Studies show that up to 80% of consumers research online before making a purchase. If your website doesn’t show up in the Google results, you may not even be in consideration, remaining undiscoverable and unreachable.
- Local Businesses e.g. Home Cleaning, Motor Repair, Local Shops, Home Repair, Salons, Pet Services Etc. With 46% of all Google searches being local – people want to do business locally. Local SEO helps local businesses reach and serve these people.
- Online Businesses E.G. E-commerce, Saas Companies, Web Apps. Online businesses use SEO to generate free and qualified leads from search engines
- Restaurants. People use search engines on their mobile phones to search for a particular cuisine in their local area. SEO helps restaurants gain more visibility than the competition and potentially inspire more positive reviews from local customers.
- Real Estate/Property. The real estate industry gets a lot of online attention from people seeking new homes and apartments. SEO strategies are important for the real estate industry, from agents to the real estate companies themselves. There’s a particular emphasis on local SEO, as people search for properties in specific cities, towns, and even zip/post codes.
- Businesses in many locations. Businesses with locations in many areas will want people to find each of them easily. An SEO campaign that covers each location in local search can make sure that customers find the right location near them.
- Tourism. People might browse Instagram or Pinterest for pictures of their ideal holiday destination but once they decide to purchase they use search engines to compare packages and prices before booking a holiday. When they reach their destinations they rely on search engines to discover restaurants, holiday activities, country information etc.