Who we are
Our website address is simbacademy.com. We have a mobile application (App) on the Google Playstore and Apple iTunes.
This policy details how data about you is used when you access our websites and services, including via our mobile applications (together, “Simbacademy”) or interact with us. If we update it, we will revise the date, place notices on Simbacademy.com if changes are material, and/or obtain your consent as required by law.
For the record, Simbacademy website/app is part of the Simba Academy Limited’s publishing family that includes other brands such as Pied Piper, Undiscovered Sounds of Africa, Tech Arena, Esquavi and more.
1. Protecting your privacy
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do run ads, but will respect your privacy and right to not see the ads.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We do engage in affiliate marketing and will always use a disclaimer where necessary.
- We do provide email proxy & relay services to reduce unwanted email.
- Please review privacy policies of any third party sites linked to from Simbacademy
- We do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals (see allaboutdnt.com).
2. Data we collect, use and disclose:
Below is a list of all the types of data we have collected in the last 12 months, where we got it, why we collected it and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed it. We do not sell your data to third parties. Please note that disclosure to “Payment processors” applies when you pay for a Simbacademy product/service using a credit card.
Data we collect, use and disclose:
|Data type||Where we got it||Why collected||Disclosed to|
|First and last name||User entry||Facilitating transactions and personalizing your use of Simbacademy||Payment processors|
|Email address||User entry||Account creation, user-to-user and Simbacademy-to-user communications and combating fraud/abuse||No one|
|Phone number||User entry||User-to-user communications, combating fraud/abuse, personalizing your use of Simbacademy||Payment processors and phone verification service providers|
|Mailing or street address||User entry||Account and post creation, Simbacademy communicating with corporate users, facilitating transactions and personalizing your use of Simbacademy||Payment processors|
|Credit card data||User entry||Facilitating your transactions||Payment processors|
|Geographic location (latitude and longitude)||User entry, IP/geolocation providers||Personalizing your use of Simbacademy and combating fraud/abuse||No one|
|Photos and other data you voluntarily provide, post on or send via Simbacademy||User entry||Facilitating and personalizing your use of Simbacademy||No one|
|Saved searches, account preferences, favorite/hidden postings||User entry||Facilitating and personalizing your use of Simbacademy||No one|
|HTTP browser cookie||User’s browser, Simbacademy web server||Facilitating and personalizing your use of Simbacademy and combating fraud/abuse||No one|
|Information about your device and browser such as device ID, browser version, operating system, plugins||User’s browser, mobile app||Facilitating and personalizing your use of Simbacademy and combating fraud/abuse||No one|
|IP address||User’s browser, mobile app, IP/geolocation providers||Combating fraud/abuse||Service providers that help us combat fraud/abuse|
|Web page views, access times, HTTP headers||User’s browser, mobile app||Combating fraud/abuse||No one|
We may share some or all of the above listed data in the following circumstances:
- to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Simbacademy users, Simbacademy.com, or the general public.
- at your direction (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- in connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets.
3. Data we store
- We retain data as needed to facilitate and personalize your use of Simbacademy, combat fraud/abuse and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but can make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about you via your account login.
4. California Users:
To learn more about the California Consumer Privacy Act and how it applies to you, please visit the California Attorney-General’s website.
- Right to know: You have the right to request that we disclose the data we collect, use and disclose, and other information relating to data we collect about you.
- Right to delete: You have the right to request the deletion of data that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to non-discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising the rights listed above.
You may submit a request to know or delete via email@example.com
Only you, or someone you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete your data. An authorized agent may make a request on your behalf by providing written permission signed by you.
We will need to confirm your identity before processing your request by asking you to log into your existing account (if you are a registered user) or by asking you for additional information, such as a government issued ID, to confirm your identity against information we have already collected.
If you are a registered Simbacademy user under the age of 18, you may request (via firstname.lastname@example.org) and obtain removal of content or information publicly posted on Simbacademy. Please note that removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of said content or information from the Internet.
5. International Users
By accessing Simbacademy.com or providing us data, you agree we may use and disclose data we collect as described here or as communicated to you, transmit it outside your resident jurisdiction, and store it on servers in the United States. For more information please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Suggested text: If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.